LOCATION AND BUSINESS BRAND PHOTOGRAPHY, AUTHENTIC STORYTELLING PHOTOGRAPHER IN SURREY, SUSSEX, KENT AND LONDON
LOCATION AND STYLE
Location photography for business brands encompasses specific shots to illustrate a site or location, people, product, activity or process. It can also be generic shots that can be used in different ways to tell a story or communicate an idea or mood. These images are often used on websites, social media, brochures and annual reports.
When undertaking this type of photography a favour shooting in reportage style, with very little equipment and taking a light touch, usually making sure a space is dressed or tidied appropriately, people are relaxed and not overly posed. I do sometime use lighting to craft a more stylised image. I wil always to the load from the client brief and brand guidelines. It is most common to photograph in a bright open and natural style.
Pre-Shoot Brief > Shoot Day > Post Production > Delivery
The pre shoot brief usually consists of describing the purpose and how the images will be used. Further information provided can take the form of creative options such as style and tone, locations, background, props, and clothing. In some instances a site recce may be required. I can provide input at this stage on the best way to achieve your goals while remaining within brand guidelines.
- I work on location at a clients workspace, home or specified environment occasionally hiring studio space when necessary.
- I usually aim if necessary to arrive on site 1 hour before the first person is scheduled, in order to setup and or scout suitable locations. Arriving on site within London can sometimes be lengthy especially in the the City of London, as it’s not always possible to park outside a clients location and so it may be necessary to transport equipment from a car park either using a hand cart or taxi depending on the distance and amount of equipment.
- Loading bays at an office are very useful and arranging this access in advance can save a lot of time.
- I work with the available light or supplement this with additional lighting or completely substituting existing lighting to create a specific look and tone to the final result.
- Headshot portraits only – I aim to shoot 6-12 shots per person capturing a range of expressions and subtle differences in pose. The time required is usually around 5 mins per person although can vary if changes of clothing and background are required.
- Editorial and business portraits requiring more scope – I may capture between 12-50 shots of varying background, pose or even clothing depending on requirements timing can take up to 20 mins or more for a single person.
- All my images are shot in RAW format on high resolution DSLR’s. Typically around 40megapixels. This is more than enough resolution for most applications.
- I follow a fully colour managed workflow and where necessary communicate with graphic designers and printers to achieve the appropriate results for the intended publication.
- The resulting digital files are fully edited so that only the best images remain and low resolution watermarked previews are supplied via an online web gallery with access to download the files. From these previews it is possible to select images for optimising, retouching and colour grading
- Download access can be configured with varying levels of security and personalisation. From completely open public access through to password protection in conjunction with a specific email. By default the highest security level is applied which grants access to a specific email and password combination.
- Optimising involves individually adjusting each client selected image for exposure, colour balance, tone and contrast.
- Retouching is also carried out in order to remove such things as stray hairs, blemishes and to smooth skin tones.
- Colour grading is used too create a specific look and style for your images. This can be useful for creating or matching your brand. See colour grading examples and further explanation.
All images are supplied as a Full Resolution 300ppi RGB JPG or TIFF downloadable via a dedicated secure website or app.
Standard Image Dimensions and Size:Full Size 8256 x 5504 px
- JPG – 20mb
- TIFF – 272mb – 8bit